BEAUTY SLEEP IS IN YOUR FUTURE: HOW TO PREP FOR BED
Hey, sleepyhead! Yes, you — we see you’ve been dozing off on the couch, in your clothes, or someplace other than in your bed. Where’s your nightly routine?
What’s that? You don’t have one?
If you research it for even for a minute, you’ll see that a consistent bedtime pattern produces optimal sleep, which can affect pretty much every aspect of your life, including your health. All it takes is a bit of planning. Before you close your eyes, create a snooze-inducing sleep environment and you’ll wake feeling rested every morning, not to mention rested-looking. Take out your bullet journal to track your progress and let’s get cozy!
How to Create a Nighttime Ritual
First things first — avoid caffeine, heavy meals and intense exercise three hours before you go to sleep. While caffeine is obvious, a full tummy and sweat session also stimulate body functions, making it harder to wind down. Herbal tea can be part of any nighttime ritual and enjoying it at approximately the same time every night, your body and mind will start to recognize it as a signal to relax.
We’re all familiar with “endless-scroll syndrome” — that gripping desire to find the non-existent bottom of your Twitter feed or watch just one more episode on Netflix. Phones, laptops, TVs, and tablets all emit blue light that suppresses melatonin, an essential hormone for quality sleep.
Instead, turn off your devices at least an hour before bed, two is even better. All it takes is one provocative news article to rev up your mind. And try sleeping with your phone in another room, just try it! It’s also a reason to use black-out shades to create a dark sleeping environment.
Skincare at Night
Like your mind and body, skin rejuvenates itself during deep sleep. (It’s called beauty sleep for a reason.) If you care about your complexion, stick to your nightly Regimen. If you’re just starting, it looks like this:
- Take off your makeup! Sleeping with the day’s grime, including 18-hour old makeup, is just not good for your skin. Try ESSENTIALS Instant Makeup Remover Wipes and ESSENTIALS Complete Eye Makeup Remover to get the gunk off first.
- Wash your face and follow the rest of your Regimen steps. Using products in the right order is a ritual in and of itself, one that gives skin exactly what it needs so you can see the results you want.
- Try our bubbling REDEFINE Rejuvenation Mask after your cleanser. It refreshes tired skin while Jojoba beads exfoliate for a radiant, clean feeling. Use up to three nights a week.
- Any skin type can benefit from Active Hydration Serum, which attracts moisture to hydrate skin. Use between Step 2 and Step 3 of your Regimen (SOOTHE users, apply between Steps 1 and 2). If you have oily or combination skin, try this at night. Those with dry skin can apply it both in the AM and PM.
- Finally, apply R+F Lash Boost every night for obsession-worthy lashes! Simply glide over your upper lash lines. And remember, less is more!
We strive to make skincare simple. Following your Regimen steps gives structure to a nighttime routine, which can improve sleep. Benefits of deep, rejuvenating rest are substantial. Start sleeping like a pro tonight — and waking up to the best skin of your life every morning.
Learn more about Rodan + Fields Radiant Defense Perfecting Liquid and how you can get your most radiant skin yet. Trust your skin’s glow to the Doctors and your consultant who know how to help you get your skin glowing.
Results may vary depending on multiple factors: age, gender, skin type and condition, concomitant products used, health history, location, lifestyle
Share this with friends or family members. It could save their skin — and boost their confidence.
PM me for the best options to suit your budget 🙂