One Take and That’s Almost a Wrap…
As we wrap up 2017 and catapult quickly into 2018, let’s take time to reopen the book on the year in review and celebrate all the things we accomplished over the year. List the goals you achieved, the smiles you planted, and the glitter you left behind and don’t overlook the subtle things.
Make it fun: Invite a friend or business partner to participate and celebrate all you both have gotten done this year. Pop some popcorn, pour a glass of wine or bubbly, and make it a celebration!
Places to remind you of your achievements:
- Look at your past appointment calendar for the year
- New products and services you launched
- Social media campaigns launched
- Marketing campaigns
- New customers and business partners
- Increased sales
- Book outline done
- Blog posts or newsletters published
- Events you hosted
- Vision board
- Credit card statements or checkbook.
Your spending will remind you of ways you invested in yourself and your business:
- Classes taken
- Trips with family to create memories
- Books read
- New technology you implemented to improve your business
- Client lunches and client appreciation gifts
- Networking events to grow your visibility
- 1-1 coffee dates to nurture your key business relationships
- Gym membership, yoga lessons and other ways you stay healthy
- The time you spent with family and friends
- New things skills you learned or talents developed
Studies show that we women tend to downplay our achievements! Don’t overlook the things that have been easy. Play up all the things you did this year for yourself and for others. Pat yourself on the back for everything you’ve accomplished! I think you will discover it’s been a better year than you remembered. Take that discovery into your business planning and 2018 will also be a year of profound growth and accomplishments. Be smart with your time, commit to your priorities, invest in you and your goals, and eliminate distractions. Make sure on New Year’s Eve when you say, “It’s a Wrap” on 2017 that you are celebrating everything good and everything positive with a thankful and grateful heart for a year well done and a new and improved you!