Today we are going to talk about 6 ingredients to avoid when shopping for vitamins or supplements. These ingredients can cause bloating, block nutrient uptake, harm the gut lining, and they are very unsustainable for our planet. Some examples include maltodextrin, citric acid, artificial dyes, colors, dyes, and flavors which are linked to a plethora of cognitive/digestive disorders.
- Maltodextrin is primarily derived from genetically modified corn and has been shown to cause bloating, alter the gut lining, and brain fog.  
- Potassium Sorbate is a preservative used to prevent mold growth in foods such as cheese, yogurt, wine, dried meat, pickles, apple cider, and many herbal dietary supplements. Potassium Sorbate may cause damage to the lymphocytes. 
- Soy Lecithin has been shown to impact digestion and reduce the absorption of calcium, magnesium, copper, iron and zinc and may equally cause stunted growth in children. 
- Citric acid During the 1970s citric acid was derived from fruits such as lemons and limes. But around the 1970s citric acid became derived from GMO mold & GMO corn syrup. The mold (Aspergillosis)  can cause inflammation , bloating, nausea, and other allergic reactions 
- Artificial colors Artificial colors such as yellow 5 have been linked to behavior disorders, damage the DNA and causes cell mutation  and cellular damage  
- Artificial or Natural flavors At the moment there are about 1,300 different chemicals approved for flavoring agents and due to the current regulations companies do not need to disclose the chemicals used in a flavoring agent. These flavoring agents can be made up of just about anything including pig bones, msg, and other chemicals which may lead to health issues and alterations in dopamine   
Always remember to check the label!
Results may vary depending on multiple factors: age, gender, skin type and condition, concomitant products used, health history, location, lifestyle,
*Information sourced from 🔆Cultivateelevate.com